myWorkplace bY Manor – The new digital workplace
Collaboration and governance optimized
MyWorkplace is the new digital workplace at Manor, which makes it possible for Manor to provide users with digital workspaces on demand and in a flexible manner without any administrative effort. In addition, collaboration with external partners is simplified and provided securely. In a further step, the design of SharePoint classic has been refined with a smarter display through SharePoint modern. In this context, the main focus was on improving the user experience.
- Inflexible work platform in use;
- Unstructured document storage due to lack of structures, thus difficult search of data;
- Restricted file/information sharing.
- Digital workplace for collaboration, increased independence of IT thanks to self-service and automation, ensuring enforcement of policies.
- SharePoint Online
- AvePoint Online Services
- Azure Services
- OneDrive for Business
MILESTONES OF THE PROJECT
The focus of the solution lies in the following areas:
- Flexibility thanks to self-service, e.g. for ordering new pre-configured workspaces for collaboration through an understandable, user-friendly dialogue.
- Reduced support and IT effort.
- Ensure company-relevant (internal and external) access policies and requirements by classifying and automating data and collaboration spaces.
- Administration of the lifecycle of information and workspaces (governance).
- Development of a WebPart for viewing links as “QuickLinks” in modern tile form with image, title and description.
- Replacement of the previous “myWorkplace” SharePoint classic page with a SharePoint modern page with modern & slim design
- Easy to use for the end user and simple configuration for the administrator
Impressions of the solution
Old: Personal home page in SharePoint classic
Document dashboard with built-in search
New: Personal home page in SharePoint modern
Example Governance & Lifecycle Management
SharePoint modern Home (mobile view)
Our new digital workplace not only facilitates daily collaboration in different teams, but also strengthens the independence of our users from IT in a controlled manner.
– JÜRG KAISER, Head of Applications, Manor AG –
YOUR DIGITAL WORKPLACE could look like this too
With innobit towards the digital age – realize your digital potential!
MyWorkplace by Manor: More information about the project
Manor has been working with Microsoft SharePoint since 2003 and manages large amounts of information and work data, which are used for intranet and collaboration in teams and projects, among other things. However, the administrative burden was relatively high compared to the benefits and opportunities for the end user.
The new requirements of the digital world demand, among other things, flexibility, automation, self-service and compliance with the guidelines (governance). The lifecycle of information and work spaces is also important. Through innobit’s expertise in SharingPoint Online in conjunction with AvePoint and other Office365 services, Manor was able to realize all of these aspects in combination.
To improve the user experience, the project has been extended to replace SharePoint classic with SharePoint modern. The goal of this step – to modernize the design – should include links as “QuickLinks” in modern tile format with image, title and description. It goes without saying that all the functionalities of MyWorkplace have been preserved. For example, specially developed code has been combined with out-of-the-box SharePoint WebParts to ensure easy operation for the end user. At the same time, the configuration remains simple and intuitive for administrators. MyWorkplace continues to grow into an integral part of Manor’s day-to-day work.
You can do that too! Get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to guide you from the first steps to the complete, strategic integration of your intranet or entire digital workplace.
Manor AG, headquartered in Basel, is the Swiss market leader of department stores with a market share of around 60%. The company, which is represented in all parts of the country, employs around 10,000 people and currently trains 400 apprentices.
The Manor Group includes 60 department stores, 31 Manor Food Markets and 43 restaurants